Venkateswara Venkatraman Prasanna
Seasoned Technology leader with over 18 yrs of experience building enterprise solutions that are multi-tiered & multi-tenant that transitions seamlessly between mobile and desktop. I have built scalable, high fidelity systems in various domains including Retail, Payments, Communication, Travel & Ads. My passion lies in solving technical challenges to maximize product adoption and innovation to scale faster with the right architecture. Being a technology leader, I enjoy guiding technical teams with the right frameworks and best practices. I am technology agnostic but have a strong background as a full-stack developer in Java for many years and well-versed in industry leading design patterns.
Sr. Technical Program Manager
RolePart of Amazon Advertising responsible for launching Sponsored Ads for international markets. Work with engineering teams to build the HLD/TLDs for bespoke requirements. Identify the Amazon Market Configuration changes for each marketplace and work with development teams to implement the new config values. Troubleshoot launch issues by doing deep diving and hosting working sessions. Review code changes from engineering teams. Highlight risks and mitigation plan for leadership and work through escalations to resolve blockers. Provide status updates to key stakeholders on a periodic basis and publish status documents for leadership review.
- Successfully launched Sponsored Ads for Egypt within 3 months of joining the sponsored ads team.
- Being a single threaded owner for the Belgium sponsored ads expansion, single handedly worked with partners and resolved all the launch blockers to complete the launch
- Identify market configuration and publish them through the Advertising Market Configurator App Config and promote the changes to various environments.
- Built Grease Monkey script to automate the validation of placement cards for launch readiness
RoleWorked on Bakkt (formally Bridge2 Solutions) Loyalty Platform from ideation to design and develop net-new features. Hands-on engineering of high-value, net-new platform capabilities. Accountable for technical optimization of the product architecture and execution in collaboration with engineering leadership. Designing (includes documentation), developing, testing, and implementing Java applications on a predefined schedule using technologies, techniques, and tools to ensure high quality, performance, and reliability, at varying levels of complexity. Build initial technical design and framework engineering for net-new components and significant refactoring efforts. Establishment of fundamental and foundational technical patterns and principles for all engineering work. Resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Participate as a senior technology leader in key roadmap, assessment and priority discussions
- Worked with multiple stakeholders to design and plan the migration of the UI from legacy web interface to modern Single Page Application using Angular 10 with improved performance on page load time (from > 5s to < 3s) that is responsive and also WCAG 2.0 complaint for accessibility
- Redesign multiple backend monolith Spring/Struts applications to modular microservices and parallelly upgrade to use Spring Boot and Java 11 within the planned timelines and within the budget.
- Successfully expanded the Apple Stores in new markets across APAC and South American continents that had unique challenges in payment integration, localization and address validation for last mile delivery.
- Rearchitected the infrastructure to get to 99.95 uptime by implementing Blue Green deployment. Since the platform customers across the globe, it was challenging to get a green window to perform the deployment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successfully managed to bring all the code repositories to follow CI/CD pipelines using Gerrit, Jenkins pipelines and Chef deployments.
Manager - Projects
RoleServed as an Architect for Birch (formally Cbeyond) through Cognizant. Work with clients on new feature developments and critical enhancements to the product. Work closely with Cognizant leadership on the resource planning and provide forecasting based on the current situation. Participate in client RFPs and showcase the technical roadmap for the client. Prepare estimations, high-level design and low-level design specifications. Build robust JIA between teams and enable rapid development between various vendor teams. Prepare detailed estimates and get approval from clients. Undertake full technical responsibility for delivery of the portal, ensuring end-to-end ownership of all technical aspects, including monitoring output of others, implementing best development practices, input to project plans, understanding business domain and identifying areas for continuous improvement. Ensure delivered software follows organization's coding standards and best practice guidelines.
- Upgrade legacy web portal to Single Page Application using HTML5/Jquery/Backbone JS. This required redesigning of all the backend calls to be migrated to restful web services and build new pipelines for UI.
- Successful migration of the Backbone JS based UI application to Angular JS 1.x within the budget and on time to meet tight client deadlines.
- Eliminated the need for sticky sessions on the load balancer by migrating the cookie based authentication to token based authentication. Thus it allowed deployment of services during the day time to minimize the outage window.
- Represent the project on all forums and be an active contributor to DAG/Codenizant implementation within the project. Also work with external auditors for ISO/9001 and TL9K audits.
- Successfully migrate application from Weblogic to Tomcat with almost zero defects in QA.
Senior Software Engineer
RoleAs a Senior Engineer on the team, worked on building Proof of Concepts for net new features. Support the application through emails and through tickets. Contribute to the product documentation and conduct demos to new users. Developing streams for the users and also guiding them on stream creation.
- Was instrumental in adding generic SOAP based webservice client to the product which required through understanding of the SOAP protocol and reengineering of core API.
- Upgrade the UI to fix any functional and technical issues that encouraged the adaptation of the product and increased the customer base.
- Successfully upgraded the Java version from 1.4 to 1.6, webserver from Jrun 4 to Weblogic 10.3 and migrated database from Sybase to Oracle
Project OverviewThis application is being used by the Asset Management department of a leading bank in the APAC region. The system provides portfolio management system where the customers are downgraded and are required to try recovering the bad debts.
My RoleI was responsible for the initial launch and technical delivery. This was a project that I was involved in the development of the project from initial stages to the launch. I ensured there is utmost care taken in the delivery to ensure there is no slippage in the timelines. One of the prominent contribution by me to the project was the adhoc reporting module that was suctioned and delivered by me end to end. This adhoc reporting tool is one of the most used feature in the tool.
I was involved in the triaging the defects and distribute it with the team and deliver it to the client. During the development of the project I was also responsible for training the Junior team members in the software development and build a healthy development environment.
Project OverviewThis is an online portal for the Custodian department in a leading bank in Europe region. It has several modules like, E-tax – Tax Reclaiming System The application is used by the custodian department of the bank. It is mainly used to provide Tax Reclaiming System from the German Tax Authority. It uses the Struts (MVC) framework Provide client (foreign investors) with tax reclaim service of German withholding tax (actual phase). Define the work flow, data feed and system requirements for the whole process. IRMA - Intraday Risk Monitoring Application The application is used by the custodian department of the bank. It is mainly used to monitor the risk involved in the trading and holdings of stock. Provide Risk controllers within Deutsche Bank Domestic Custody Services with a convenient tool to monitor risks of its clients' business concerning DCS. i-Claim - Income Claiming Service The application is used by the custodian department of the bank. It is mainly used to monitor the risk involved in the trading and holdings of stock. SDM - Static Data Manager The objective of this Project is to build a User Interface to maintain static data in several tables of the dbCRIS Data warehouse and its business layers. So that authorized users can directly update, insert or remove data from the tables after the change is approved by a second person.
My RoleI was responsible for writing Java Script Validations and designing screens using XML/XSLT. I also contributed to the backend in writing Action classes, Data Access Objects (DAO) and Value Objects (VO). This project also exposed me to the EJBs like Message Driven Beans (MDB), Entity Beans and Session Beans.
Project OverviewThe application is used by the custodian department of a leading bank in the Europe region. It is mainly used to provide Tax Reclaiming System from the German/Italy Tax Authority. It uses the Struts (MVC) framework Provide client (foreign investors) with tax reclaim service of Germany/Italy withholding tax (actual phase). Define the work flow, data feed and system requirements for the whole process.
My RoleI was responsible for building screens using XML and XSLT.
Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India
Periyar University, Salem, India
- Core Java
- Spring Framwork
- JPA & Hibernate
- Enterprice Java Beans - EJB
- Node JS
- Basic Android App Development
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Open Shift
- SQL:Oracle SQL Server, MS SQL Server & My SQL
- Sublime Text
- VS Code
- Android Studio
- Travis CI
- Bash Shell Scripting
- Windows Batch Files
- Google Analytics
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Agile Development & Scrum
- Mobile-First, Responsive Design, (WCAG) 2.0
- Cross Browser Testing & Debugging
- Cross Functional Teams
Apart from being a web developer, I enjoying watching movies mainly Indian Movies.
When there is no movies available then I read news about Politics.
- SSL/TLS Certificate Tool This is a simple utility written using Java 11/Sprint Boot 2.x for backend and Vue for the UI. The UI also makes use of Bootstrap/Fontawesome for styling and look and feel.
- Math Problem Generator This is a simple tool to generate random Math Problems for the 2nd grade students. This also helped me to show that we can always write code to get 90%+ in code coverage. I got 100% code coverage, just to prove a point that is doable. However, I dont recommend for all projects.
- Spring Boot Version Viewer This is a tool that will show the Software depependencies for the Spring Boot Version this is selected.
- Java SSL Test Simple Java based CLI Tool to test SSL/TLS connection and list the ciphers
- Simple UML A simple GUI to demonstrate the use of Spring Boot 2.X and Angular 5 using Plant UML plugin
- Shop This is a basic E-Commerce portal using Spring Boot and Angular 2+
- slush-angular-gulp A slush generator for AngularJS using the Google Angular App Structure Recommendations
- Demo This is an open source project that was mainly created for the purpose of learning to host code on the OpenShift cloud.
- NG Gulp This is a project started as a scrachpad applicaiton to start wetting my hands on Angular JS
- Diff Report This is Java based tool to compare folders of the application and run tools like PMD, firebug and provide the delta.
- SQL Runner A CLI utility to run SQL commands
- Remote SSH A simple CLI tool to monitor logs from multiple hosts in a single window. This is very useful in monitoring app logs running on a cluster.